- 16/11/23 [dunkelbunt] in Vienna at Metropol
- Gitkin + Dunkelbunt (14.09.) B72 Vienna August 28, 2023
- Balkan To Bollywood • Dunkelbunt Social Club • 20.05. Fluc March 30, 2023
- Balkan To Bollywood • Dunkelbunt Social Club • 11.03. Fluc February 28, 2023
- Dunkelbunt Unplugged @ Harvest Social Club (02.03.) February 25, 2023
- 2.9. Vienna – Bibi Sara Kali – Derniere Afterparty ft Dunkelbunt February 8, 2023
- Gewürz & Musik Bazar im Dunkelbunt Studio | 16.-18. Dezember | fingerfood & live musik December 14, 2022
- Tonight in Vienna! 28th October October 28, 2022
- Dunkelbunt Albumpräsentation August 22, 2022
- Augarten Picnic (❍) Dunkelbunt Social Club Vinyl Testpressing Listening Session 12.08.2022, 18:00 August 12, 2022
- Cantabile & Dunkelbunt ( ❍ ) Cafe Altenberg August 8, 2022
Tag Archives: Gypsy Trap
New Album: “Ich grill mit Dir die Abendsonne”, ft. Boban i Marko Markovic Orkestar, Savages y Suefo, Barefoot Basement, Anduze, Alix
ORDER VINYL HERE
“My passion is creating beats. Not necessarily in the studio but in more magical places, a log cabin hidden between snow capped mountain tops, with a warm cockle stove and a picture postcard view of the magical winter wonderland lying outside. In an aeroplane flying 12,000 meters over the Mediterranean sea towards Tel Aviv, on a farm in the evening after the olive harvest or somewhere in Andalusia in the valleys of almond blossoms.
The finishing touches and subtle flavors are then added in my studio in Vienna with my spice laden effectsboard and sub end. My studio is also the space where I create my blend of „mixed spices“. There are always lots of various herbs and spices to be found, from aniseed to z’atar which gives this space an intoxicating fragrance and allure. Normally I work parallel with three „non materials“, sound, smell and taste. Constantly moving back and forth, between a mortar & pestle, synthesizers, a wooden spoon and the mixing desk, alternating between blocking my ears, closing my mouth and blocking my nose in an attempt to find the fragrance emanating from the pictures of my fantasy, to paint with sounds and music, and taste and smell the melodies.
Everything breaks down into frequencies and aligns itself towards the golden rule. I know it sounds crazy but it’s just a part of my day to day: alchemy in the [dunkelbunt] Studio. Often my daughters enter my „soundkitchen“ and remix the settings on my analogue synth, record over sounds and announce that my wobble bass purrs like a kitten….what more could I ask for?”
The title track „Ich grill mir Dir die Abendsonne“ (With you I’ll grill the evening sun) is a homage to the Mediterranean, We sail into the setting sun onboard a spice freighter filled with beats and bass, a greek bouzouki, accordion and balkan violin, flamenco guitars, Arabic saz and a Turkish Oud…
During the making of this EP numerous attractive collaborations emerged, the title „Augen zu und durch“ is the starting point for the new [dunkelbunt] album „Boomerang“, where I will be recording with the Berlin rapper and singer „Alexander Leuschner“ aka Alix and instrumentally supported by the viennese band „Barefoot Basement“. One week before the end of recording for this EP I was contacted by the soul ‘n’ funk singer Lee Anduze from Los Angeles (who has worked with Parov Stelar among others). Based on „Augen zu und durch“, Anduze wrote the lyrics for „Smoking Gun“ and hunted me down from across the pond so that we could work on some new beats at his place in L.A. during my US tour in September.
On top of that we have two remixes on board, Boban I Marko Markovic Orkestra’s „Šljivovica“ and Savages Y Suefo’s “Ballroom Breakers” both dressed in [dunkelbunt]-Wobblebass-Balkan-Swing-Costume.
Turn up the volume and watch those speakers rattle!