- 26/07/19 Balkan to Bollywood – [dunkelbunt] & Sid Data in Vienna at fluc (oben)
- 27/07/19 [dunkelbunt] DJ Set in Gänserndorf at Partycipation Festival Buy Tickets
- 10/08/19 [dunkelbunt] DJ Set in Bremen at Lila Eule
- 16/08/19 [dunkelbunt] DJ Set in Lübeck at Treibsand Buy Tickets
- 24/08/19 [dunkelbunt] LIVE in Gumpoldskirchen at Weinsommer
- [dunkelbunt] DJ-Set @ Partycipation Festival Gänserndorf (A), 27.07.2019 July 15, 2019
- Balkan to Bollywood: DJ [dunkelbunt] b2b Sid Data, 26.07.2019 @ fluc, Vienna July 7, 2019
- Mr [dunkelbunt] & The Super Khan Brothers am 1. Wie(d)ner Sommerfest, 06.07.2019 July 5, 2019
- [dunkelbunt] DJ-Set, 04.07.2019 @ Exit-Festival, Serbia July 1, 2019
- [dunkelbunt]: “Musik ist mein Frühstück” – Interview zum [dunkelbunt]-Konzert in Tübingen June 26, 2019
- [dunkelbunt] + Band LIVE in Germany: Tübingen + Langenau June 26, 2019
- [dunkelbunt] selects: Exodus Trap – Future World Bass Music June 25, 2019
- On Stage / On Air: [dunkelbunt] + Band LIVE @ DIF 2019 June 23, 2019
- [dunkelbunt] + Band LIVE, 22.06.2019 @ DIF Vienna June 20, 2019
- [dunkelbunt] DJ-Set, 19.03.2019 @ Kultursymposium (Goethe-Institut), Weimar June 17, 2019
Tag Archives: Anduze
Mountain Jumper [dunkelbunt records] 2015
Release Sate: 08th of March 2015 / (Austria 30th of January)
Label: [dunkelbunt records]
Distribution: Believe Digital / Broken Silence
Features: ALIX, ANDUZE, MELA, CLOUD TISSA, ROBB
FILE UNDER: POP, WORLD, JAZZ, BLUES, ELECTRONICA, BLUEGRASS, HIP HOP, E-SWING, BALKAN
[dunkelbunt] paints his new album “Mountain Jumper” as a sound collage of the American continent when it was first founded. He mixes the diverse sounds of various local cultures with electro and modern club sounds, Bluegrass In Dub, Hilly Billy Breaks, Fiddle´n´Bass, which means not for the first time [dunkelbunt] has to come up with fresh names for new genres. Over the last decade [dunkelbunt] has toured the world as one of the pioneers of Electro and Balkan Beatz, including seven tours through North America and his new album is a reflection of these travels.
“Electronic music is the foundation which the sounds of the world sit upon. I’m inspired by the fact that so many people with different backgrounds all came together on one continent in such a short period of time. It’s an amazing musical melting pot, the land of unlimited musical possibilities.”
So in any one song the instruments of a european settler in a covered wagon heading to the west coast can be heard along with the chinese workers of the transcontinental railroad. The pipa and the ehru (the chinese lute and violin) blends with a greek bouzouki, slide guitar and banjo with oriental strings.
“I’m facinated with creating a relationship between sounds that no one has ever heard.”
New Album: “Ich grill mit Dir die Abendsonne”, ft. Boban i Marko Markovic Orkestar, Savages y Suefo, Barefoot Basement, Anduze, Alix
ORDER VINYL HERE
“My passion is creating beats. Not necessarily in the studio but in more magical places, a log cabin hidden between snow capped mountain tops, with a warm cockle stove and a picture postcard view of the magical winter wonderland lying outside. In an aeroplane flying 12,000 meters over the Mediterranean sea towards Tel Aviv, on a farm in the evening after the olive harvest or somewhere in Andalusia in the valleys of almond blossoms.
The finishing touches and subtle flavors are then added in my studio in Vienna with my spice laden effectsboard and sub end. My studio is also the space where I create my blend of „mixed spices“. There are always lots of various herbs and spices to be found, from aniseed to z’atar which gives this space an intoxicating fragrance and allure. Normally I work parallel with three „non materials“, sound, smell and taste. Constantly moving back and forth, between a mortar & pestle, synthesizers, a wooden spoon and the mixing desk, alternating between blocking my ears, closing my mouth and blocking my nose in an attempt to find the fragrance emanating from the pictures of my fantasy, to paint with sounds and music, and taste and smell the melodies.
Everything breaks down into frequencies and aligns itself towards the golden rule. I know it sounds crazy but it’s just a part of my day to day: alchemy in the [dunkelbunt] Studio. Often my daughters enter my „soundkitchen“ and remix the settings on my analogue synth, record over sounds and announce that my wobble bass purrs like a kitten….what more could I ask for?”
The title track „Ich grill mir Dir die Abendsonne“ (With you I’ll grill the evening sun) is a homage to the Mediterranean, We sail into the setting sun onboard a spice freighter filled with beats and bass, a greek bouzouki, accordion and balkan violin, flamenco guitars, Arabic saz and a Turkish Oud…
During the making of this EP numerous attractive collaborations emerged, the title „Augen zu und durch“ is the starting point for the new [dunkelbunt] album „Boomerang“, where I will be recording with the Berlin rapper and singer „Alexander Leuschner“ aka Alix and instrumentally supported by the viennese band „Barefoot Basement“. One week before the end of recording for this EP I was contacted by the soul ‘n’ funk singer Lee Anduze from Los Angeles (who has worked with Parov Stelar among others). Based on „Augen zu und durch“, Anduze wrote the lyrics for „Smoking Gun“ and hunted me down from across the pond so that we could work on some new beats at his place in L.A. during my US tour in September.
On top of that we have two remixes on board, Boban I Marko Markovic Orkestra’s „Šljivovica“ and Savages Y Suefo’s “Ballroom Breakers” both dressed in [dunkelbunt]-Wobblebass-Balkan-Swing-Costume.
Turn up the volume and watch those speakers rattle!