No shows booked at the moment.
- Tonight in Vienna! 28th October October 28, 2022
- Dunkelbunt Albumpräsentation August 22, 2022
- Augarten Picnic (❍) Dunkelbunt Social Club Vinyl Testpressing Listening Session 12.08.2022, 18:00 August 12, 2022
- Cantabile & Dunkelbunt ( ❍ ) Cafe Altenberg August 8, 2022
- Balkanstyleee 29th July, Fanialive Vienna July 27, 2022
- Dunkelbunt Social Club July 6, 2022
- Dunkelbunt Social Club #1 Party & Sampler Lounge May 23, 2022
- Dunkelbunt + Fanfare Ciocarlia 25.09. Volkstheater May 10, 2022
- [dunkelbunt] unplugged in Kautzen on te% May 9, 2022
- Balkan Ī Tropical Party April 22, 2022
Tag Archives: Robb
Mountain Jumper [dunkelbunt records] 2015
Release Sate: 08th of March 2015 / (Austria 30th of January)
Label: [dunkelbunt records]
Distribution: Believe Digital / Broken Silence
Features: ALIX, ANDUZE, MELA, CLOUD TISSA, ROBB
FILE UNDER: POP, WORLD, JAZZ, BLUES, ELECTRONICA, BLUEGRASS, HIP HOP, E-SWING, BALKAN
[dunkelbunt] paints his new album “Mountain Jumper” as a sound collage of the American continent when it was first founded. He mixes the diverse sounds of various local cultures with electro and modern club sounds, Bluegrass In Dub, Hilly Billy Breaks, Fiddle´n´Bass, which means not for the first time [dunkelbunt] has to come up with fresh names for new genres. Over the last decade [dunkelbunt] has toured the world as one of the pioneers of Electro and Balkan Beatz, including seven tours through North America and his new album is a reflection of these travels.
“Electronic music is the foundation which the sounds of the world sit upon. I’m inspired by the fact that so many people with different backgrounds all came together on one continent in such a short period of time. It’s an amazing musical melting pot, the land of unlimited musical possibilities.”
So in any one song the instruments of a european settler in a covered wagon heading to the west coast can be heard along with the chinese workers of the transcontinental railroad. The pipa and the ehru (the chinese lute and violin) blends with a greek bouzouki, slide guitar and banjo with oriental strings.
“I’m facinated with creating a relationship between sounds that no one has ever heard.”