- 22/06/23 [dunkelbunt] in Amsterdam at Club Amsterdam Klezmer
- 23/06/23 [dunkelbunt] in Vienna at Summer Lounge
- 28/07/23 [dunkelbunt] in Valencia at Sala Republicca
- 01/09/23 [dunkelbunt] in Balboa at Vibra Balboa Festival
- 02/09/23 [dunkelbunt] in Balboa at Vibra Balboa Festival
- Balkan To Bollywood • Dunkelbunt Social Club • 20.05. Fluc March 30, 2023
- Balkan To Bollywood • Dunkelbunt Social Club • 11.03. Fluc February 28, 2023
- Dunkelbunt Unplugged @ Harvest Social Club (02.03.) February 25, 2023
- 2.9. Vienna – Bibi Sara Kali – Derniere Afterparty ft Dunkelbunt February 8, 2023
- Gewürz & Musik Bazar im Dunkelbunt Studio | 16.-18. Dezember | fingerfood & live musik December 14, 2022
- Tonight in Vienna! 28th October October 28, 2022
- Dunkelbunt Albumpräsentation August 22, 2022
- Augarten Picnic (❍) Dunkelbunt Social Club Vinyl Testpressing Listening Session 12.08.2022, 18:00 August 12, 2022
- Cantabile & Dunkelbunt ( ❍ ) Cafe Altenberg August 8, 2022
- Balkanstyleee 29th July, Fanialive Vienna July 27, 2022
Tag Archives: Istanbul
OUT NOW: Istanbul’a
Santi & Tuğçe [dunkelbunt remix]
⇨ All platforms
Istanbul’a is a song written for the ancient city Istanbul that evokes timeless questions: Can one ever leave behind one’s home? Can one ever truly arrive at a home that was once abandoned yet never quite forgotten?
The original version of this haunting track was first released in 2017 in the aftermath of political events that filled the city with great uncertainty, much like the current moment in which we find ourselves. Even more so than at the time of its original release, today Istanbul’a captures a widespread sentiment of liminality and uprootedness that echoes all around and gains new meaning in our world as we ask: Can we go back to a past that is long gone? Will things ever be the same again?
Dunkelbunt’s version features his signature of transglobal electronic-instrumental sound that is full of energy, swing and a sense of eclecticism that is as layered as the ancient city Istanbul itself.
- Label: LC 43551 – Transglobal District Records
- Cat.No: DBR46
- Rel. Date: 2020/11/09
- Format: Digital
- Genre: Dance, Electronic
Tagged dance, electronic, Istanbul, music, santi, swing, tugce, turkey
New Release: Kebab Connection (Trans Danube Mix)
Track | Title: Kebab Connection (Trans Danube mix)
Artist: [dunkelbunt] aka Ulf Lindemann
Featuring: Hidan Mamoudov, Cloud Tissa, Shazalakazoo,
Forty Thieves, Savages Y Suefo
Rel. Date: 2019-01-18
Label: [dunkelbunt] records
Release Form / Format: Digital Release
Genre: #Electronica #Tribal #World #Ragga #Klezmer #Balkan #Transglobal #Dance
Tags: #dub #dancehall #suaheli #remix #vienna #budapest #belgrade #hamburg #istanbul
[dunkelbunt] s “Kebab Connection (trans danube mix)” creates with effervescent energy a danceable extravaganza that transcends the boundaries between nations, languages, cultures and genres. Klezmer, Dub, Reggae, Ragga and rhythmic Breakz fuse into a genuinely transglobal sound.
New to this edition of almost seven and a half minutes is it’s blending of previous edits by Shazalakazoo (Serbia), Savages y Suefo (Hungary) and Forty Thieves (GB). „Kebab Connection (Trans Danube Mix)“ can be considered as meta-mix, paying tribute too the outstanding Macedonian clarinettist Hidan Mamoudov with an instrumental intro of two minutes before the Raggamuffin virtuoso Cloud Tissa carries on in English and Swahili.
“Kebab Connection (trans danube mix)” is organic music geography with intelligence, respect, humor and sensitivity, suitable for dancefloor and radio, refreshing in every context.
★ ★ ★